If you need support or wish to refer a mum, you’ve come to the right place.
There are many ways we can support you.
Criteria for referral into our service:
- -Must be a Mum, separated from emotionally abusive relationship,
- -Motivation to re-build life,
- -18 years and over
- -£5 registration fee at point of assessment
If you a professional & wish to refer a mum to Mums in Need please complete this form https://goo.gl/forms/b0C1aGLRpdKjHQ6n2 we will then contact the mum & ask her to complete the pre-assessment questionnaire.
If you wish to self-refer to Mums in Need please complete this pre-assessment questionnaire https://goo.gl/forms/0SFPuNm2hNxQZHHV2 Once completed we will then email you with a range of assessment dates.
An example of your journey with us:
- When you arrive, we will show you round and make you a drink. We have facilities for children. We will ask you to sign/in/out.
- During the assessment, we will explain how we work, confirm any details that are missing from your pre-assessment form. We have a list of questions to ask you. If during those questions we feel there is an immediate risk, we will complete what is called a DASH.
- After the assessment, if you meet our criteria, we will add you to our email list and store your mobile number on our MIN mobile and email you through with all of the services on offer. These include informal coffee mornings with cakes and a range of coffees and delicious teas, herbal and non-herbal. We have other social events including therapeutic activities, where you can bring your children along.
- Other services we have are our additional support services including, Massage, Empowerment, Stress management workshops, Yoga, Emotional support for your children, Legal assistance in the form of McKenzie friends. More to come in the future. We ask for £3 donation for each group session, 1:1 sessions and counselling.
- We will store your details and any sessions that you have on our electronic recording system. This information helps us to identify your needs and monitor your progress.
- If you do not meet our criteria we will do our best to signpost you on to the most appropriate place.